The 47th Annual International Conference
October 4 – October 6, 2018
Gamma Iota Sigma is pleased to present the 47th Annual International Conference in Chicago, Illinois. The Conference is the premier event for the insurance industry to engage the next generation, and the most comprehensive event for students to develop professionally and expand on their industry exposure and knowledge. The agenda includes the largest career fair of its kind, educational sessions, diversity and inclusion sessions presented by our GammaS.A.I.D Council, and keynote addresses, in addition to leadership seminars and ample networking opportunities.
In 2017, the Conference drew 570 top risk management, insurance, and actuarial science students and advisors from 55 colleges and universities throughout North America, plus 71 sponsors, 62 career fair exhibitors, and over 250 industry representatives. Student attendees are preparing for careers as risk managers, actuaries, underwriters, brokers, consultants, agents, and more across all areas of the insurance, risk management, and actuarial science sector. They are looking for internships for the summer of 2019 or full-time positions for January 2019 and May 2019. More than 400 interviews for internships and entry-level positions were conducted on-site during the 2017 conference, with multiple offers reported from participating companies and organizations.
*You must be a current registered GIS member of our chapter in order to register for the event. Self registration is not allowed. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.*
Visit our Grand Chapter for more information.
PAST CONFERENCES ATTENDED:
- 46th Annual International Conference: Dallas, Texas
- 45th Annual International Conference: Columbus, Ohio
- 44th Annual International Conference: Chicago, Illinois
- 43rd Annual International Conference: Dallas, Texas
- 42nd Annual International Conference,”Get your Motor Running”: Charlotte, NC
- 41st Annual International Conference, “Just Risk It”: Chicago, IL
- 40th Annual International Conference, “A Grand Celebration”: October 13-15, 2011 in Columbus, Ohio
- 38th Annual International Management Conference: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania